Monday, July 29, 2013

Brown Pelican

During a recent trip to Panama City Beach, Florida, I had the opportunity to get some shots of a Brown Pelican hanging out on a fishing dock.  The light was perfect in the early morning hours and this Brown Pelican was ready for a photo shoot.

We played peek-a-boo around the post that held the pier up.  This was quite humorous.  I believe he thought it was some sort of game.

As I was shooting, I would try to inch closer hoping to get some closeup shots.  He would only allow me to get about 8 feet from him, then he would start clapping his mouth until i backed off.

After a solid hour of Brown Pelican poses and crawling around on the fishing pier taking pictures, we were both worn out.  As he settled down and started to rest, I just sat there and watched him as I thanked god for this experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment