Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunflower Smile


This spring I decided to plant some Sunflower seeds to see if they would grow.  I prepared the bed with care, placed the seeds in ever so carefully.  I would go out daily and water.  Then to my amazement, these sunflower seeds sprouted.  I was on my way to my very own Sunflower garden.  Days passed and then it appeared, a Sunflower with its eyes closed.  I knew then it was just a matter of time and it would open their eyes to the heavens.


The sleepy eyes are about to open.  The sun was out and calling their names, but the Sunflower just couldn't become the full eyed beauty yet.


As the days pass, each morning brings a fuller view of the beauty of the Sunflower, opening its eyes to the heavens.  This was a treat to be able to watch the new birth of a Sunflower, one of nature's beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment