Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Wood Duck Morning

The morning started out with a little duck play performed by two young wood ducks.  They acted as if they were afraid to wonder past the end of the marsh they came out of.
As I continued to watch the baby ducks play, I noticed what seemed to be the mother and father wood ducks. 
This male wood duck was strutting his colors as if he owned this area of the pond.  He was the emporer of his duck kingdom.
The wind was calm and the water was like a sheet of glass reflecting every image that moved across it.
This wood duck would move his head from side to side as if he was showing off the crown of a king.  I was now in full photo shoot mode.
I can say, this morning was one for the memory books.  The gift of nature that god has opened my eyes up to is an absolute amazing gift from above.






No comments:

Post a Comment