Saturday, November 9, 2013

9 Point Buck @ Mullberry Park

This morning started out like most.  Up before daylight, dressing for the cold and grabbing my camera and heading to Little Mullberry Park.  But today was different.  I had dropped by Walmart earlier in the week and purchased some Doe in heat scent.  My plans were to put this out and wait to see what happens.

The scent was out and I was sitting in the bushes, fully covered with Camo clothing.  Silently I waited, then it happened.  This Buck appeared, he popped out of the edge of the woods and came straight towards me, stopping 10 feet away.  My heart was pumping and the shutter was firing from my camera.  Love was in the air, two different loves though.  1st one being the love of Nature photography (me) and the other, the Love of a Doe in heat (The Buck).

Then as quick as he appeared, he was gone taking one last look at me before he disappeared back into the woods.  God has given me another gift from Nature today that will go down as one of most exciting photo shoots yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment