Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Eastern Screech Owl

This night started sitting on the backyard deck enjoying the sounds of the darkness.  As I listened to the crickets chirping and watching an occasional bat flying by, I felt as though I was being watched.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw it, a Eastern Screech Owl, perched on the handle of a shovel leaning against the wall.

I ran into the house to get my camera, I just knew that by the time I got back out there he would be gone.  As i got back this little guy had moved over to the edge of the bird bath as though he was awaiting to be the star in a photo shoot.

I approached one step closer with every snap of the shutter until I was within 5 feet of this amazing little gift of Nature.  As the shutter was in over drive not missing a single shot, this little guy decided he had enough and took flight to the nearest bush for safety.

Nature has again amazed me with it's beauty.  God, continues to bring beauty into my life through the lens of my camera.  Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring.



1 comment:

  1. I love when the Lord brings us His little critters to photograph:) Great captures.

    ReplyDelete